Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday Swag: A bit of loot this week

This week I've got a couple differnent thing for us to play with on this fine Sunday.  Good to see you out to play today.  Have fun!

First, we've got some bathroom graffiti from Ask A Urinal.  Ha! Some of the things I've seen written in a public restroom.  Priceless.  I found this little goody digging around over there.



 And how about a funny sign.  I got this in an email.  I don't know about you, but stupid, funny, weird signs crack me up.  WTF is right.




Here's another from Not Always Right. You just have to wonder.  That site is still making me laugh.

The Twilight Of Our Literacy

Bookstore
Exton, PA, USA

Me: “Hi, how can I help you today?”

Customer: “I’m going on a 25 hour plane ride, and I was just trying to find something to read.”

Me: “Okay, what kind of books do you read?”

Customer: “Young adult stuff, like romance stuff. OH! Or something with vampires.”

(I walk her over to the young adult section. And show her a series with vampires. There are six books in the series and each book is quite small–not even 200 pages.)

Me: “Well, you might like this series. They’re easy books to read, but really good. I’ve read them.”

Customer: *flips through book* “It seems boring.”

Me: “Oh. Well, I can assure you it’s not. They are quite action-packed.”

Customer: “I mean it looks wordy. Like, there’s a lot of words in it.”

Me: “Well, yeah…most books have words in them.”

Customer: “Hmm…I’ll think about it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails